Stevie Wonder Apologizes for Implying Frank Ocean “Confused” About Sexuality
11:50 am, September 1st, 2012
In a recent interview with The Guardian, Wonder was asked about the hip-hop performer recently coming out and admitting his love for a man.
“I think honestly, some people who think they’re gay, they’re confused,” said Wonder. “People can misconstrue closeness for love. People can feel connected, they bond. I’m not saying all [gay people are confused]. Some people have a desire to be with the same sex. But that’s them.”
Wonder has now given a statement to The Advocate clarifying his remarks.
“I’m sorry that my words about anyone feeling confused about their love were misunderstood,” says the music icon.
He continues, “No one has been a greater advocate for the power of love in this world than I; both in my life and in my music. Clearly, love is love, between a man and a woman, a woman and a man, a woman and a woman and a man and a man.”
Wonder concludes, “What I’m not confused about is the world needing much more love, no hate, no prejudice, no bigotry and more unity, peace and understanding. Period.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Is Kanye West Finally Embarrassed After Irrational Outburst?
- Double Date With Kanye West And Kim Kardashian
- Snag Julianne Hough's Totally Dreamy French Braided Halo
- You Don't Like Gwyneth Paltrow? She Doesn't Care!
- Christian Bale & Woody Harrelson Share The Screen
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- Reese Witherspoon's Flirty Red Carpet Waves
- Drake Chose This Chick Over Rihanna?
- Is Adam Levine The Sexiest Man Alive?