Steven Tyler Opens Up About Leaving American Idol: It Was “Not My Cup of Tea”
7:12 pm, July 31st, 2012
In an interview with Rolling Stone, the Aerosmith front man says the reality competition was “not my cup of tea,” and reveals several of the issues he had with being a judge on the show.
“It was just hard work: seven-hour days and then I went and did the [Aerosmith] album for eight hours after that,” Tyler explains.
The rocker admits he also had trouble delivering some of the harsh criticism “Idol” had been known for under the reign of Simon Cowell, saying, “They wanted me to take the piss out of the kids and I don’t have that in me.”
“That’s not what I’m about,” he tells the magazine. “That’s more about that other guy. Not me.”
Summing up his experiences on the show, Tyler says he “loved it and hated it,” acknowledging that “it was a great job, I sat next to J. Lo and I made a ton of money.”
But, he points out, “It was a moment in life and it became larger than life.”
What do you think of Tyler’s “Idol” reflections?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Drama Continues With Pauly D's Baby Mama!
- Nelson Mandela Passes Away At Age 95
- Melissa Joan Hart Disses and Dishes on Famous Dudes She's Kissed
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- Are Eminem & His Ex-Wife Back Together?
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate
- Kim Kardashian's Mommy Time With North West
- Scarlett Johansson's 10 Sexiest Looks
- Perrie Edwards' Many Hair Colors
- 24 Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Related