Steven Tyler to Nicki Minaj: I’m NOT Racist!
1:00 pm, November 28th, 2012
As Gossip Cop reported, the trouble began when Tyler gave an interview suggesting that Minaj and the current “Idol” judging panel created a tense atmosphere that wouldn’t be helpful to aspiring performers.
At one point, the Aerosmith frontman said, “If it was Bob Dylan, Nicki Minaj would have had him sent to the cornfield! Whereas, if it was Bob Dylan with us, we would have brought the best of him out, as we did with Phillip Phillips.”
Minaj took issue with Tyler’s remarks, calling them “racist” and tweeting, “You assume that I wouldn’t have liked Bob Dylan??? why? black? rapper? what? go f*ck yourself and worry about yourself babe.”
On Tuesday, Tyler responded to the charge during a Canadian talk show appearance.
“I apologize if it was taken wrong, Nicki,” the rocker is quoted as saying. ”But I am the farthest from [being a racist],” he said. “I am the last thing on this planet as far as being a racist. I don’t know where she got that out of me saying I’m not sure how she would’ve judged Bob Dylan.”
Tyler added, “Maybe I spoke out of turn… But a racist I’m not, Nicki.”
What do you think of Tyler’s apology and new remarks?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'