Steven Tyler to Nicki Minaj: I’m NOT Racist!
1:00 pm, November 28th, 2012
As Gossip Cop reported, the trouble began when Tyler gave an interview suggesting that Minaj and the current “Idol” judging panel created a tense atmosphere that wouldn’t be helpful to aspiring performers.
At one point, the Aerosmith frontman said, “If it was Bob Dylan, Nicki Minaj would have had him sent to the cornfield! Whereas, if it was Bob Dylan with us, we would have brought the best of him out, as we did with Phillip Phillips.”
Minaj took issue with Tyler’s remarks, calling them “racist” and tweeting, “You assume that I wouldn’t have liked Bob Dylan??? why? black? rapper? what? go f*ck yourself and worry about yourself babe.”
On Tuesday, Tyler responded to the charge during a Canadian talk show appearance.
“I apologize if it was taken wrong, Nicki,” the rocker is quoted as saying. ”But I am the farthest from [being a racist],” he said. “I am the last thing on this planet as far as being a racist. I don’t know where she got that out of me saying I’m not sure how she would’ve judged Bob Dylan.”
Tyler added, “Maybe I spoke out of turn… But a racist I’m not, Nicki.”
What do you think of Tyler’s apology and new remarks?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top 10 Picks to Play Christian Grey
- Jada Pinkett's M.O.: Rescue Willow From Hollywood!
- 10 Rapper's Crazy Cribs
- Is Adam Levine The Sexiest Man Alive?
- Bond Girls In Bikini's Always Sucker Us In
- Leighton Meester Is Engaged To Adam Brody
- Is Lil Mama TLC's Permanent Left Eye Replacement?
- Amy Poehler & Nick Kroll Are Stylish Sweethearts
- 5 Ways Celebs Make Money Between Films
- The Hottest Wife and Mother In Hollywood: Miranda Kerr