Steven Tyler Rocks on Bloodied & Bruised a Day After Shower Accident (PHOTOS)
11:02 am, October 27th, 2011PHOTOS
The singer wore sunglasses when he performed the concert’s first song with his band Aerosmith, but then took them off to reveal a black eye beneath his eyebrow (see right), where four stitches were needed to close up a deep cut.
In a phone call from Buenos Aires, Tyler told the “Today Show” on Thursday that the “crowd roared” when he removed his shades.
The Aerosmith frontman and “American Idol” judge had been suffering from food poisoning when the accident occurred. ”I started to get sick, and I just fell on my face… I just passed out,” he said on the morning show.
Tyler also explained that with the help of the American Embassy in Paraguay, he found the area’s best hospital, where he received “one-stop shopping.”
“They stitched up my eye. They did a little plastic surgery. And they fixed my tooth. All in one fell swoop,” he said.
Tyler also acknowledged how it was understandable, having a history of drug and alcohol abuse, that people would think his shower fall may have been tied to a relapse.
“That is natural and normal,” he told the “Today Show,” adding, ”I get that people think that… It still bothers me a little, but it’s something that I have to deal with for the rest of my life.”
Check out (below) how Tyler looked shortly after his fall.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- You Won't Believe Nicky Minaj's Natural Hair
- Are These Love Birds Back Together?
- Black Celebrities Who Have Turned White
- Selena At Bieber's House For Hookup?
- 15 Of The Longest Lasting Hollywood Marriages
- 24 Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Related
- Can You Believe Kim Kardashian Was This Thin?
- Celebrities With Their Moms
- The Worst Celebrity Tattoos Ever
- Remember Lisa Turtle? Wait Til You See Her Now!