Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart’s Fame Is “Tragic,” Says Twilight Author
11:32 am, March 18th, 2013
Speaking with London’s Sunday Times magazine, the novelist discusses how the wildly successful film series propelled its two leads to superstardom — for better and worse.
“Here’s the thing: there are some actors who are looking to be world famous, to be that household name, and although they might discover that there are a lot of negative things involved in that, it’s what they want,” says Meyer.
She explains, “But that doesn’t apply to Kristen and Rob. That’s what makes it kind of ironic and tragic.”
“‘I just don’t think they enjoy the parts [of fame] that other people would,” continues Meyer. “And I totally get that, because it would not be my thing either.”
In fact, The Host author admits she even feels “guilty” that while her books put Stewart and Pattinson in the paparazzi-crazed spotlight, she gets to escape most of the pitfalls of celebrity.
“It’s created this nice, peaceful place for me,” says Meyer. “They took all of my heat, which I feel bad about.”
She adds, ”If they had the choice, I’ve no idea if they’d even do Twilight again. I just don’t know. I think this has all come at a heavy price.”
What do you think of Meyer’s take on the couple’s fame?
NOTE: The discourse in the comments section on recent stories about Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart has occasionally sunk to nasty personal attacks and ugly language that adds little to the conversation. We’d like our site to be a place where people can show passion while still being civil. Please be respectful of fellow commenters. Also, spamming is NOT allowed.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents