Stephen Baldwin Pleads Guilty to Tax Evasion
12:54 pm, March 29th, 2013
Stephen Baldwin pleaded guilty to repeatedly failing to file income taxes in a New York court room on Friday morning.
The “Celebrity Apprentice: All-Stars” contestant admitted that he didn’t pay New York State income taxes for three years, totaling $400,000 with interest and penalties.
Baldwin has already paid back $100,000, and is still on the hook for the remaining amount.
The charge will be erased from the actor’s record if he makes the payment within a year, but faces a sentence of five years probation if he doesn’t.
In court, Baldwin blamed the issue on poor advice from accountants and lawyers.
He had faced up to four years in prison.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- The Most Mysterious Celebrity Deaths
- Memory Lane: Kim Kardashian Through The Years
- Usher's Girlfriend Is An Alicia Keys Lookalike!
- Snag Julianne Hough's Totally Dreamy French Braided Halo
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- Jada Pinkett's M.O.: Rescue Willow From Hollywood!
- Jessica Simpson's Lips are Bigger and Waist is Smaller
- Miley Cyrus Is Apparently Barack Obama's Fault Now
- Sandra Bullock Already Has Son Potty Trained