Stephen Baldwin Pleads Guilty to Tax Evasion
12:54 pm, March 29th, 2013
Stephen Baldwin pleaded guilty to repeatedly failing to file income taxes in a New York court room on Friday morning.
The “Celebrity Apprentice: All-Stars” contestant admitted that he didn’t pay New York State income taxes for three years, totaling $400,000 with interest and penalties.
Baldwin has already paid back $100,000, and is still on the hook for the remaining amount.
The charge will be erased from the actor’s record if he makes the payment within a year, but faces a sentence of five years probation if he doesn’t.
In court, Baldwin blamed the issue on poor advice from accountants and lawyers.
He had faced up to four years in prison.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress