Stephen Baldwin Pleads Guilty to Tax Evasion
12:54 pm, March 29th, 2013
Stephen Baldwin pleaded guilty to repeatedly failing to file income taxes in a New York court room on Friday morning.
The “Celebrity Apprentice: All-Stars” contestant admitted that he didn’t pay New York State income taxes for three years, totaling $400,000 with interest and penalties.
Baldwin has already paid back $100,000, and is still on the hook for the remaining amount.
The charge will be erased from the actor’s record if he makes the payment within a year, but faces a sentence of five years probation if he doesn’t.
In court, Baldwin blamed the issue on poor advice from accountants and lawyers.
He had faced up to four years in prison.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank