Stephen Baldwin Arrested on Tax Charges
3:51 pm, December 6th, 2012
The Usual Suspects actor was arrested for failure to file personal tax income returns in New York on Thursday.
According to the Rockland County District Attorney, Baldwin failed to file New York State Personal Income Tax Returns for 2008, 2009 and 2010.
He is said to owe more than $350,000 in back taxes.
D.A. Thomas P. Zugibe said in a statement, “At a time when Rockland County and New York State face severe fiscal shortfalls, we cannot afford to allow wealthy residents to break the law by cheating on their taxes.”
He added, “The defendant’s repetitive failure to file returns and pay taxes over a period of several years contributes to the sweeping cutbacks and closures in local government and in our schools.”
Baldwin pleaded not guilty to the charges, and was released without bail.
He faces up to four years in prison.
In 2009, Baldwin filed for bankruptcy.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Jada Pinkett's M.O.: Rescue Willow From Hollywood!
- 30 Child Actors Who Died Young
- Jessica Simpson's Lips are Bigger and Waist is Smaller
- A Cute Daddy Daughter Moment Courtesy Of Jay Z
- 10 Artists Who Stole Ideas & Never Gave Credit
- Lil Wayne Throws Daughter An Extravagant Birthday Party
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate
- Brad Pitt: Sexy But Smelly?
- All-Time Hottest Celebs with Facial Hair
- Brody Jenner Probably Not Invited To Kim's Wedding?