Stephen Baldwin Arrested on Tax Charges
3:51 pm, December 6th, 2012
The Usual Suspects actor was arrested for failure to file personal tax income returns in New York on Thursday.
According to the Rockland County District Attorney, Baldwin failed to file New York State Personal Income Tax Returns for 2008, 2009 and 2010.
He is said to owe more than $350,000 in back taxes.
D.A. Thomas P. Zugibe said in a statement, “At a time when Rockland County and New York State face severe fiscal shortfalls, we cannot afford to allow wealthy residents to break the law by cheating on their taxes.”
He added, “The defendant’s repetitive failure to file returns and pay taxes over a period of several years contributes to the sweeping cutbacks and closures in local government and in our schools.”
Baldwin pleaded not guilty to the charges, and was released without bail.
He faces up to four years in prison.
In 2009, Baldwin filed for bankruptcy.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents