Andrew Garfield: Why Can’t Spider-Man Be Gay?
5:21 pm, July 11th, 2013
Andrew Garfield wants to know why Spider-Man can’t be gay.
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 star was recently speaking with a producer about his character when the topic of Peter Parker’s love interest Mary Jane Watson (“MJ”) came up.
“I was kind of joking, but kind of not joking about MJ,” he tells EW. “And I was like, ‘What if MJ is a dude?’ Why can’t we discover that Peter is exploring his sexuality?”
Garfield continues, “It’s hardly even groundbreaking!… So why can’t he be gay? Why can’t he be into boys?”
And the actor has put serious thought into casting his character’s hypothetical same-sex partner.
Garfield tells the outlet, “I’ve been obsessed with Michael B. Jordan since The Wire. He’s so charismatic and talented. It’d be even better — we’d have interracial bisexuality!”
What do you think about Garfield’s curiosity about exploring Spidey’s sexuality?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Reese Witherspoon's Flirty Red Carpet Waves
- Owen Wilson Gets His Personal Trainer Pregnant
- Is Miley's Outfit Too Much?
- Who Said Cameron Diaz Sounded "Too Rihanna?"
- Idris Elba Talks Fathering A Child That Wasn't His
- Westboro Baptist Church's Sickening Paul Walker Funeral Plan
- Kendra Wilkinson & Hank Baskett's Family Expands!
- Short Hairstyles We Love
- Will Kim Kardashian's Wedding Dress Look Like This?
- Tina Turner to Give Up US Passport