Andrew Garfield: Why Can’t Spider-Man Be Gay?
5:21 pm, July 11th, 2013
Andrew Garfield wants to know why Spider-Man can’t be gay.
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 star was recently speaking with a producer about his character when the topic of Peter Parker’s love interest Mary Jane Watson (“MJ”) came up.
“I was kind of joking, but kind of not joking about MJ,” he tells EW. “And I was like, ‘What if MJ is a dude?’ Why can’t we discover that Peter is exploring his sexuality?”
Garfield continues, “It’s hardly even groundbreaking!… So why can’t he be gay? Why can’t he be into boys?”
And the actor has put serious thought into casting his character’s hypothetical same-sex partner.
Garfield tells the outlet, “I’ve been obsessed with Michael B. Jordan since The Wire. He’s so charismatic and talented. It’d be even better — we’d have interracial bisexuality!”
What do you think about Garfield’s curiosity about exploring Spidey’s sexuality?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?