Andrew Garfield: Why Can’t Spider-Man Be Gay?
5:21 pm, July 11th, 2013
Andrew Garfield wants to know why Spider-Man can’t be gay.
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 star was recently speaking with a producer about his character when the topic of Peter Parker’s love interest Mary Jane Watson (“MJ”) came up.
“I was kind of joking, but kind of not joking about MJ,” he tells EW. “And I was like, ‘What if MJ is a dude?’ Why can’t we discover that Peter is exploring his sexuality?”
Garfield continues, “It’s hardly even groundbreaking!… So why can’t he be gay? Why can’t he be into boys?”
And the actor has put serious thought into casting his character’s hypothetical same-sex partner.
Garfield tells the outlet, “I’ve been obsessed with Michael B. Jordan since The Wire. He’s so charismatic and talented. It’d be even better — we’d have interracial bisexuality!”
What do you think about Garfield’s curiosity about exploring Spidey’s sexuality?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- Michael Phelps' New Girlfriend Spills Juicy Details About Their Relationship
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look