LeBron James Camp Shoots Down Space Jam 2 Report
Space Jam 2 starring LeBron James may NOT be happening, after all.
On Friday, a bombshell report claiming Warner Bros. is now developing a sequel to its 1990s Michael Jordan hit became the talk of the Internet, even though no official deal had been announced.
The new report came after a fake poster showing James with Bugs Bunny (see right) had originally surfaced online back in November — when Gossip Cop busted it.
Now it’s again looking like the proposed project is nothing more than a rumor.
ESPN reporter Brian Windhorst, who has covered James more closely than any other journalist for the past decade, tweeted late on Friday, “Well it was fun while it lasted. LeBron sources refute Deadline report, there’s no Space Jam 2 or Warner Bros. project in works.”
Shortly thereafter, sports business reporter Darren Rovell added, “Source close to LeBron says there has been no substantive discussions regarding his starring in a Space Jam sequel.”
James himself has not said anything on Twitter or elsewhere, as of now.
At this point, it’s possible that Space Jam 2 might be in the early stages of development — but not with James onboard right now.