Sophia Grace Brownlee Set To Play Little Red Riding Hood in Into the Woods
4:53 pm, August 7th, 2013
Brownlee’s role has been confirmed by Entertainment Weekly.
The 10-year-old Brit, who shot to the stardom in 2011 with a viral video of her and Rosie rapping Nicki Minaj’s “Super Bass,” will star alongside Hollywood heavyweights such as Meryl Streep, Emily Blunt, Johnny Depp and Anna Kendrick.
Into the Woods tells the story of a baker (James Corden) and his wife (Blunt) who make a deal with an evil witch (Streep) in order to have a baby.
During their journey to meet the witch, the couple encounters fairytale characters such as Little Red Riding Hood, The Big Bad Wolf (Depp), Cinderella (Kendrick) and more.
The 10-year-old’s casting is raising eyebrows as Little Red Riding Hood is metaphorically seduced by the Wolf in the musical.
The film is currently in pre-production.
What do you think of Brownlee being cast in the movie?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- Michael Phelps' New Girlfriend Spills Juicy Details About Their Relationship
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- Celebrity Dog Choices That Surprised Us