Sophia Grace Brownlee Set To Play Little Red Riding Hood in Into the Woods
4:53 pm, August 7th, 2013
Brownlee’s role has been confirmed by Entertainment Weekly.
The 10-year-old Brit, who shot to the stardom in 2011 with a viral video of her and Rosie rapping Nicki Minaj’s “Super Bass,” will star alongside Hollywood heavyweights such as Meryl Streep, Emily Blunt, Johnny Depp and Anna Kendrick.
Into the Woods tells the story of a baker (James Corden) and his wife (Blunt) who make a deal with an evil witch (Streep) in order to have a baby.
During their journey to meet the witch, the couple encounters fairytale characters such as Little Red Riding Hood, The Big Bad Wolf (Depp), Cinderella (Kendrick) and more.
The 10-year-old’s casting is raising eyebrows as Little Red Riding Hood is metaphorically seduced by the Wolf in the musical.
The film is currently in pre-production.
What do you think of Brownlee being cast in the movie?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Ice Cube Slams The Late Paul Walker
- The Hottest Celebrity Hairstyles For Spring 2014
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z