Report That Madonna Wants Chickens in NYC Home is Fowl
7:30 pm, June 24th, 2009
You can take Madonna out of the English countryside, but apparently you can’t take the English countryside out of Madonna. As part of the superstar’s divorce from Guy Ritchie, she gave him their sprawling estate, Ashcombe. But now stories claim that she loved the country manor so much that she wants to replicate it in a New York City townhouse she reportedly bought for $40 million, and which comes complete with 13 bedrooms, 14 bathrooms, and 9 fireplaces. One account reports that she “has meticulously documented the estate room by room… [and] ordered flunkies to go out and troll the Upper East Side boutiques for candelabras, side tables, and period chaises” in order to recreate it exactly.
While Gossip Cop can fully understand wanting to decorate in a similar style, we think this story really lays an egg when it also states that the singer plans “to bring chickens in to make her kids feel more at home.”
“Very entertaining story,” says her rep, adding, “it’s not true.”
You might like:
- Scarlett Johansson's 10 Sexiest Looks
- Celebrity Tattoos: What Were They Thinking?
- Best Black Celebrity Hairstyles
- Leighton Meester Is Engaged To Adam Brody
- 30 Child Actors Who Died Young
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Brody Jenner Probably Not Invited To Kim's Wedding?
- Jay-Z Needs To Work On His Picture Face
- Sasha Obama's Sweater Starts Fashion Frenzy
- Hayden Panettiere's Fake Boobs Look Like This Now