Snoop Dogg Reborn As “Snoop Lion” for Reggae Reincarnation (VIDEO)
1:30 pm, July 31st, 2012
Snoop Dogg is now Snoop Lion.
At a Monday press conference for his new reggae album Reincarnated, the iconic performer told reporters that he underwent a spiritual rebirth while in Jamaica last winter and shed his “Snoop Dogg” rap persona for “Snoop Lion.”
Rastafarian priests gave him the new moniker, and Snoop’s Dogg-to-Lion journey is captured in a documentary about his experience finding a “new path.”
SEE TRAILER BELOW
“I have always said I was Bob Marley reincarnated,” said Snoop, adding, “I feel I have always been a Rastafari. I just didn’t have my third eye open, but it’s wide open right now.”
Snoop said rap is no longer a “challenge” for him, and he’s putting it on the back burner for the time being.
He explained, “I had enough of that. It’s not appealing to me no more… I’m ‘Uncle Snoop’ in rap. When you get to be an uncle, you need to find a new profession so you can start over and be fresh again.”
Check out the reborn “Snoop Lion” in the trailer for Reincarnated, the film about the making of the album with the same name, below.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Mommy Makeover: Teen Mom Catelynn's Slim Down
- The Worst Celebrity Tattoos Ever
- You Won't Believe What Topanga Looks Like Now
- 9 Biggest Stunts Kim and Kanye Have Pulled
- How Many Languages Does Gwyneth Paltrow Speak?
- Tyra Banks Without Make-up: Still Think She's Hot?
- Which Celebs Are Barely Recognizable Without Makeup?
- Kendall Jenner Admits Being A Kardashian Ruined Her Childhood
- The Drew Carey Show: What Ever Happened to Mimi?
- Amanda Bynes' Scary and Strange Twitter Photos