Sly Stone is Homeless and Living in a Van
1:59 pm, September 25th, 2011
Sly Stone once had a mansion in Beverly Hills and a Napa Valley compound with tons of cars and a vineyard.
Now, the lead singer of the 1970s group, Sly and the Family Stone, which recorded the mega-hits “Dance to the Music” and “Everyday People,” is homeless.
Stone sleeps these days in a white van parked on a rough street in Los Angeles. Thanks to the kindness of a retired couple, he gets at least one meal a day and a place to shower.
He tells the New York Post, “I like my small camper… I cannot stand being in one place. I must keep moving.”
Over the years, Stone blew his money on cars and drugs, for which he was arrested a few times in the 1980s.
He also alleges that his manager, who he’s suing for $50 million, cheated him out of money and forced him into bad business deals.
In 1984, Stone also sold all his valuable music-publishing rights to Michael Jackson for just $1 million.
The once great singer, who still records tons of music on his laptop, now begs, “Tell everybody, please, to give me a job, play my music.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Kate Bosworth's New Red Hair - Makeover or Makeunder?
- Demi Lovato Rocks The Skrillex Look
- 10 Famous Couples Who Should Never Split Up
- 9 Celebs Who Married Average Joes
- Celebrities Remember Their First Kiss