Skyfall Soars to HUGE Box Office Win with Biggest James Bond Opening Ever
8:31 am, November 11th, 2012BOX OFFICE
Bond is back in a BIG way.
Skyfall, the 23rd movie in the James Bond franchise, has easily won the weekend box office with a staggering $87.8 million haul, giving it the biggest opening in the spy series’ long history.
The movie marks Daniel Craig’s third outing as Agent 007.
Last weekend’s top earner, the animated Wreck-It Ralph, finished in second with $33.1 million.
Denzel Washington’s airline pilot drama Flight nabbed third place with $15.1 million in ticket sales.
The thrillers Argo and Taken 2 came in fourth and fifth places with $6.7 million and $4.2 million, respectively.
Rounding out the Top 10 were Cloud Atlas ($2.5 million), The Man with the Iron Fists ($2.4 million), Pitch Perfect ($2.4 million), Here Comes The Boom ($2.3 million), Hotel Transylvania ($2.1 million).
What did you see this weekend?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank