Skyfall Soars to HUGE Box Office Win with Biggest James Bond Opening Ever
8:31 am, November 11th, 2012BOX OFFICE
Bond is back in a BIG way.
Skyfall, the 23rd movie in the James Bond franchise, has easily won the weekend box office with a staggering $87.8 million haul, giving it the biggest opening in the spy series’ long history.
The movie marks Daniel Craig’s third outing as Agent 007.
Last weekend’s top earner, the animated Wreck-It Ralph, finished in second with $33.1 million.
Denzel Washington’s airline pilot drama Flight nabbed third place with $15.1 million in ticket sales.
The thrillers Argo and Taken 2 came in fourth and fifth places with $6.7 million and $4.2 million, respectively.
Rounding out the Top 10 were Cloud Atlas ($2.5 million), The Man with the Iron Fists ($2.4 million), Pitch Perfect ($2.4 million), Here Comes The Boom ($2.3 million), Hotel Transylvania ($2.1 million).
What did you see this weekend?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Beyonce And Jay Z's Cutest Family Pics!
- 15 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyles To Try
- Melissa Joan Hart Disses and Dishes on Famous Dudes She's Kissed
- Best Black Celebrity Hairstyles
- Owen Wilson Gets His Personal Trainer Pregnant
- Selena Gomez's Hairstyle Evolution
- Leighton Meester Is Engaged To Adam Brody
- What Happened to Miley Cyrus' Eyebrows?
- What Would Blair Underwood Give Up Fame For?
- The Plastic Surgery That Changed Lisa Kudrow's Life