Sites Shamefully Misrepresent Kelly Osbourne Comments
4:46 pm, February 25th, 2010
Here’s a case of rotten journalism twisting a good message into something ugly.
In an interview with Us Weekly, newly svelte Kelly Osbourne talked about her battles with weight gain. “I took more hell for being fat than I did for being an absolute raging drug addict,” the Dancing with the Stars alum said. “I will never understand that.”
Again, Osbourne said that other people gave her more hell for being overweight than for substance addiction.
And she pointed out just how irrational and wrong that seemed to her.
But outlets like FoxNews.com completely misrepresent Osbourne’s message.
“Kelly Osbourne: Being Fat in Hollywood Worse Than Being on Drugs,” screams the site’s headline. The item goes on to report, “It’s better to be a drug addict than a fattie in Hollywood, says Kelly Osbourne.”
No. Not even close.
That is an entirely backwards reading of Osbourne’s comments.
A rep for Osbourne confirmed that sites were twisting what she (very clearly) said in the Us interview.
Osbourne herself tweeted outrage at Fox, saying “they should be ashamed of themselves” for the manipulation of her comments. Another site that she called out, Heatworld.com, appears to have adjusted the item to reflect what Osbourne actually said.
Gossip Cop hopes Fox and others will do the same.
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?