Sinead O’Connor and Husband Barry Herridge Split Up After Just 16 Days
8:30 am, December 27th, 2011
Sinead O’Connor has already split from her new husband.
On her website O’Connor wrote, “From the moment myself and my husband got together not long ago, there was intense pressure placed upon him by certain people in his life, not to be involved with me. These were people who had never met me but had formed opinions of me based on what they read about ‘Sinead ‘O’Connor’ in the media etc.”
She said, “Within 3 hours of the ceremony being over the marriage was kyboshed by the behaviour of certain people in my husband’s life. And also by a bit of a wild ride i took us on looking for a bit of a smoke of weed for me wedding night as I don’t drink. My husband was enormously wounded and very badly effected by that experience and also by the attitude of those close to him toward our marriage. It became apparent to me that if he were to stay with me he would be losing too much to bear. And that being with me was not going to serve him positively… And a woman wants to be a joy to her husband. So.. U love someone? Set them free.”
“He is a wonderful man. I love him very much,” the statement read, with O’Connor adding, “We made a mistake rushing into getting married… He has been terribly unhappy and I have therefore ended the marriage.”
O’Connor, who claimed she and Herridge “part amicably,” has been married four times.
Are you shocked by this quick split?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'