Simon Cowell Saves 9 People From Sinking Yacht
4:12 pm, August 30th, 2012
Simon Cowell helped save the lives of nine people from a sinking yacht in St. Tropez on Wednesday.
The “X Factor” judge, who was vacationing with his former girlfriend Sinitta, received a “may day” call on his ship and immediately sent another boat over to rescue the passengers, a rep confirms to Gossip Cop.
Sinitta tweeted about the scary situation, writing, “Just had a mayday message, 35ft boat sinking. Simon has sent us to help and rescue 9 people on board!”
“Everyone ok, no-one hurt. Captain won’t let boat sink, petrol in sea etc. No tide, so hole plugged!” she added in a subsequent post.
This isn’t the first time Cowell has come to the aid of others.
In February, the music mogul lent his private jet to a “Britain’s Got Talent” employee so he could witness the birth of his child.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Kate Bosworth's New Red Hair - Makeover or Makeunder?
- Demi Lovato Rocks The Skrillex Look
- 10 Famous Couples Who Should Never Split Up
- 9 Celebs Who Married Average Joes
- Celebrities Remember Their First Kiss