Simon Cowell Reveals X Factor Judges and Host News; Talks Whitney Houston
6:57 pm, February 22nd, 2012
On Wednesday, Simon Cowell and L.A. Reid spoke with reporters, including Gossip Cop, but wouldn’t confirm rumors that Britney Spears, Fergie, and Janet Jackson are in the running to replace Nicole Scherzinger and Paula Abdul.
But Reid did say the next two judges will be “two girls,” to which Cowell added, “That’s 100 percent.”
The show’s creator acknowledged a lot of people “have entered the fray,” and that he and Reid will be meeting with prospective judges, beginning next Wednesday.
Cowell noted that he’s going to stress to those interested that the show is a “big commitment.”
As for talk that Whitney Houston was being considered as a judge, Reid explained, “We love Whitney and we would have certainly considered it, but the truth is, it never quite came to that. We never actually had meetings about it. We didn’t really get that far.”
Cowell also revealed that fired host Steve Jones will definitely be replaced by two hosts — probably a man and a woman — because there’s “so much information to relay… [it's] almost impossible for one person to do.”
The two hosts will stand in different parts of the studio to make the show “more fun” and “more interesting,” said Cowell.
He also discussed his Twitter challenge of wanting the winners of “X Factor,” ‘The Voice,” and “American Idol” to compete against each other in a “musical Super Bowl,” and how he was “disappointed with the reactions from the other two shows.”
Both Reid and Cowell said the winners of the respective shows will just have to go head-to-head on the charts and at the Grammys.
“Expect the second season to be better,” assured a more humble but confident Cowell.
Are you looking forward to the new season?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- 10 Insanely Famous People Who are Secret Introverts
- 12 Shocking Celebrity Family Ties You Won't Believe
- 20 Hot Celebrities Who Look Busted Without Makeup
- Richard Gere Sets His Sights On A Much Younger Starlet