CLAIM: Simon Cowell “Jealous” of Ryan Seacrest
7:43 pm, January 6th, 2011
The Post writes, “The put-down war between Simon Cowell and Ryan Seacrest hasn’t stopped just because Cowell quit the show.”
As an example, the paper quotes Seacrest telling Entertainment Weekly, “He was just so jealous of me. From day one, he was envious of my career at such a young age.”
The Post also has Seacrest saying that without Cowell on the program, ”It’s aged the show down a bit. There are less clouds of smoke. We start earlier. There’s less – what’s that English dish he always ordered for lunch? – Shepherd’s Pie.”
But what the tabloid shockingly neglects to mention is that Seacrest was joking.
Even the Entertainment Weekly story notes, “[Randy laughs.]” after Seacrest says, “It’s aged down a bit.”
And if you read the whole EW piece, it’s beyond obvious that Seacrest – who acknowledges “we learned a lot from [Cowell]” – is kidding about the Brit judge being “jealous” of him.
Before the “jealous” remark, when Seacrest is asked if the new judges had to go through any rites of passage, Seacrest cracks, “We Saran-wrapped Steven to a tree naked.” He also jokes, “Jennifer sent us the paragraph that we have to memorize when we greet her every day. It’s just full of compliments.”
While the Post claims, “Nobody misses Simon,” in reality, the paper simply misses Seacrest’s humor.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
You might like:
- Beyonce And Jay Z's Cutest Family Pics!
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- Usher's Girlfriend Is An Alicia Keys Lookalike!
- Scarlett Johansson's 10 Sexiest Looks
- Jessica Simpson's Lips are Bigger and Waist is Smaller
- Khloe Kardashian Gives Selfie Advice
- Proof That Rihanna & Drake Are Officially Together
- Reese Witherspoon's Flirty Red Carpet Waves
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- 14 Iconic Hairstyles Made Popular By Celebrities