Simon Cowell Asked About Pregnancy; Lauren, Andrew Silverman Break Silence
8:40 pm, August 1st, 2013
The reality show bigwig was reportedly asked whether Silverman’s pregnancy was as big a shock to him as it was to the public.
“I haven’t read the newspapers. Am I missing something?” he reportedly joked in reply.
Cowell is quoted as going on to say, “I appreciate the question. Unfortunately I have to keep this, for the moment, private. It’s just one of those things.”
Asked again about the situation later on, the former “American Idol” judge reportedly said, “I would love to [talk], but I have to respect a lot of people’s feelings right now.”
“There a lot of things I will eventually clear up when the time is right,” he continued, “but I really have to be sensitive because there’s a lot of people’s feelings involved here.”
As Gossip Cop previously reported, Silverman is currently estranged from Cowell’s close friend Andrew Silverman, who has filed divorce papers accusing the pair of committing adultery.
Andrew broke his silence about the situation on Thursday night, releasing a statement that says, “My top priority is protecting my 7-year-old son while working to resolve all outstanding issues with my wife.”
“Hopefully people can respect the interest of our child during this process,” he added.
Lauren later released a similar statement that read, “I am committed to sorting things out with Andrew as amicably as possible to ensure the well-being of our son. I would hope for some space and privacy in order to work through this.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 10 Best Celebrity Quotes About Being Pregnant
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Kaley Cuoco Shows Off Her Tennis Skills
- Tom and Gisele Cheer on The Boston Marathon
- Drake's Weird Priority While Sitting Courtside at Game 2