Simon Cowell Asked About Pregnancy; Lauren, Andrew Silverman Break Silence
8:40 pm, August 1st, 2013
The reality show bigwig was reportedly asked whether Silverman’s pregnancy was as big a shock to him as it was to the public.
“I haven’t read the newspapers. Am I missing something?” he reportedly joked in reply.
Cowell is quoted as going on to say, “I appreciate the question. Unfortunately I have to keep this, for the moment, private. It’s just one of those things.”
Asked again about the situation later on, the former “American Idol” judge reportedly said, “I would love to [talk], but I have to respect a lot of people’s feelings right now.”
“There a lot of things I will eventually clear up when the time is right,” he continued, “but I really have to be sensitive because there’s a lot of people’s feelings involved here.”
As Gossip Cop previously reported, Silverman is currently estranged from Cowell’s close friend Andrew Silverman, who has filed divorce papers accusing the pair of committing adultery.
Andrew broke his silence about the situation on Thursday night, releasing a statement that says, “My top priority is protecting my 7-year-old son while working to resolve all outstanding issues with my wife.”
“Hopefully people can respect the interest of our child during this process,” he added.
Lauren later released a similar statement that read, “I am committed to sorting things out with Andrew as amicably as possible to ensure the well-being of our son. I would hope for some space and privacy in order to work through this.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man