CLAIM: Shia LaBeouf Demanding $18 Million For Transformers 4
4:55 pm, November 2nd, 2012
“Shia LaBeouf is backtracking on his vow to stop making blockbusters,” begins a piece from Star.
The mag says, “Despite his repeatedly bad-mouthing the Transformers franchise, he is on board for the next flick,” and the actor supposedly wants a big payday for the fourth film.
Star alleges, “He wants a $3 million raise from the $15 million paycheck he received for Transformers: Dark of the Moon,” but notes that his supposed trash-talking about the movie “may have cost him.”
A purported “insider” for the tabloid explains, “It wasn’t lost on producer Steven Spielberg how well The Amazing Spider-Man did without Tobey Maguire.”
The “source” adds, “Besides, special effects are the real star of Transformers. And Steven isn’t about to divert CGI funds to please Shia — he’ll find another actor.”
That’s true — Spielberg will likely find another actor for the part because LaBeouf is not even in talks for Transformers 4.
A rep for LaBeouf tells Gossip Cop the mag’s story is “a complete fabrication,” explaining that the actor “was never attached to the fourth installment.”
His spokesperson adds that “salary did not impact his decision” to step away from the franchise.
Oh, and LaBeouf never “bad-mouthed” the movies that made him a star, and is in fact still very close to the Transformers filmmakers.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Celebrity Tattoos: What Were They Thinking?
- The Drama Continues With Pauly D's Baby Mama!
- Brad Pitt: Sexy But Smelly?
- 30 Child Actors Who Died Young
- Diddy Throws A Star Studded Pool Party
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Bring Her Ex To Premiere?
- An Unforgettable One Direction Game!
- 9 Reasons Solange's Son Is Hollywood's Coolest Kid
- What Happened to Miley Cyrus' Eyebrows?
- Double Date With Kanye West And Kim Kardashian