CLAIM: Shia LaBeouf Demanding $18 Million For Transformers 4
4:55 pm, November 2nd, 2012
“Shia LaBeouf is backtracking on his vow to stop making blockbusters,” begins a piece from Star.
The mag says, “Despite his repeatedly bad-mouthing the Transformers franchise, he is on board for the next flick,” and the actor supposedly wants a big payday for the fourth film.
Star alleges, “He wants a $3 million raise from the $15 million paycheck he received for Transformers: Dark of the Moon,” but notes that his supposed trash-talking about the movie “may have cost him.”
A purported “insider” for the tabloid explains, “It wasn’t lost on producer Steven Spielberg how well The Amazing Spider-Man did without Tobey Maguire.”
The “source” adds, “Besides, special effects are the real star of Transformers. And Steven isn’t about to divert CGI funds to please Shia — he’ll find another actor.”
That’s true — Spielberg will likely find another actor for the part because LaBeouf is not even in talks for Transformers 4.
A rep for LaBeouf tells Gossip Cop the mag’s story is “a complete fabrication,” explaining that the actor “was never attached to the fourth installment.”
His spokesperson adds that “salary did not impact his decision” to step away from the franchise.
Oh, and LaBeouf never “bad-mouthed” the movies that made him a star, and is in fact still very close to the Transformers filmmakers.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 10 Best Celebrity Quotes About Being Pregnant
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Super Geeky Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hotties
- Does Ian Somerhalder Have a New Girlfriend?
- A-List Stars Who Failed at Marriage