Shia LaBeouf: I Dropped Acid for New Role
10:54 am, August 28th, 2012
Shia LaBeouf will apparently do (almost) anything for his craft.
The actor, who is set to have actual on-screen sex for an upcoming project, says in a new interview that he took acid for his role in The Necessary Death of Charlie Countryman.
“There’s a way to do an acid trip like Harold & Kumar, and there’s a way to be on acid,” LaBeouf tells USA Today.
He explains, “What I know of acting, Sean Penn actually strapped up to that (electric) chair in Dead Man Walking. These are the guys that I look up to.”
Because his Charlie Countryman character is on acid, LaBeouf actually tripped on the drug, too.
“Sometimes, it does get real,” the actor says of his day spent high during production. “Too real for a (director) who’s trying to keep a diplomatic set.”
But LaBeouf concedes that he has boundaries when it comes to immersing himself in a role that requires sex, drugs or otherwise.
“There are rules,” he admits. “I have ethics, I’m not completely out of my mind.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Can Shaq Fix the Sacramento Kings?
- 10 Artists Who Stole Ideas & Never Gave Credit
- Jennifer Lawrence's Sexy Stilettos are Affordable Too
- How You Can Keep One Direction Together
- Another Star Of 'The Hills' Gets Engaged!
- Child Stars Turned Child Brides
- 35 Of Hollywood's Hottest Moms
- North West, Is That You? Khloe Kardashian Posts A Picture