Sherri Shepherd Threatened With Rape on Twitter, Files Police Report
11:03 pm, June 6th, 2012
Sherri Shepherd has had it with online bullies – especially since one threatened on Twitter Wednesday to rape her.
“The View” co-host received a tweet from someone by the name “DaCloneKiller,” who wrote, “somebody should drag u in a back alley and rape you.”
Shepherd, not surprisingly, was quite taken aback by the disturbing message, and responded, “THIS IS A THREAT & I’M PISSED.”
“You think I should be raped in a back alley? Let’s see if the police agree w you & I took a pic of your tweet,” she continued.
The actress and comedienne added, “I am going 2 file a police report 4U threatening me. And so help me God, when I find out where U live, charges will follow.”
Shepherd went on to lament the unfortunate trend of bullies using social media to anonymously harass others, largely without any repercussions.
“This type of bullying is one of the reasons children are killing themselves b/c there’s no consequences for the bully(s),” she wrote.
Amazingly, Shepherd’s outrage led her to receive another group of vile, expletive-laden messages from strangers, some of which she retweeted.
But Shepherd wasn’t deterred, and promptly went to the police station.
“Just returned from filing a police report for this online harrassment nonsense,” she tweeted a few hours later. “I will be pursuing this legally.”
A rep for “The View” co-host tells Gossip Cop, “Local law enforcement is involved as well as corporate legal and security departments. This matter is being taken very seriously.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- Michael Phelps' New Girlfriend Spills Juicy Details About Their Relationship
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting