Shawn Johnson Penalized for Breaking Rules on DWTS: All Stars Finale (VIDEO)
9:03 pm, November 26th, 2012VIDEO
Shawn Johnson didn’t get off on the right foot with the judges of Monday’s “Dancing with the Stars: All Stars” finale.
While the Olympic gold medalist and partner Derek Hough re-created their fan-favorite quickstep, the judges were forced to penalize them for a routine that broke the rules.
“You’re not allowed to break hold like you did, you’re not supposed to do lifts like you did. There’s nowhere for me to go,” Len Goodman told them, going on to award the pair just 8.5 points — unusual for a finale.
Carrie Ann Inaba said, “What can I say? It’s a fan-favorite. It’s a fantastic routine. But I’m sad you didn’t follow the rules.”
Bruno Tonioli was also disappointed, noting, “Our scores are bound by the rules,” but adding, “Nevertheless, what you’ve achieved is sensational.”
Johnson and Hough — who were also penalized for the routine when they first performed it in October– stuck by their decision, however, explaining that they wanted to have “fun” during one of their last dances.
“We love the judges. We respect your rules,” Johnson said. “But we really dedicated this season to the fans, to the audience.”
The pair scored 27 points overall, but later had a huge comeback with a freestyle routine that included the “Fierce Five” gymnasts from the Summer Olympics and was deemed “brilliant” by the judges.
In all, Johnson and Hough scored 57 out of 60 for the night, placing them in third until the finale continues on Tuesday.
Check out the video below, and tell us what you think of Johnson’s risky choice!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 14 Broken Hollywood Engagements
- Paris Hilton Tweets Nasty Article Bashing Kim Kardashian
- Porsha Williams Hits The Club After Posting Bail
- Cold Feet? Brandy Ditches Her Fiance
- Kelly Rowland's Intimate Wedding Details: Beyonce's Not Invited!
- Celebrities You Never Knew Were Cheerleaders
- Beyonce Turns a Blind Eye: Is Her Little Brother Homeless?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014