Shawn Johnson, Derek Hough Blow Away DWTS Judges With “Best Dance EVER”
10:34 pm, October 8th, 2012VIDEO
The former champs blew the judges away with their innovative quickstep, which ended with the two falling from the staircase into the band pit below.
After getting a standing ovation from Bruno Tonioli and Carrie Ann Inaba, Tonioli declared the performance “one of the best dances I’ve seen in 15 seasons in America.”
“I’m never gonna forget this,” he enthusiastically told Hough and Johnson.
Inaba wholeheartedly felt the same way, saying, “That was by far the best dance we have ever seen on ‘Dancing with the Stars.’”
The duo fell just shy of ranking first for the night, however, when Len Goodman reluctantly penalized them for breaking some of the “rules” of quickstep.
Explaining his decision, he said, “I’ve never enjoyed a routine more. Please understand this people, you can do what you like. I have to be honest.”
That left Johnson with 26.5 points, just behind Kelly Monaco and Melissa Rycroft, who each scored 27 points.
Check out the video below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Naked Truth: Celebrities Who've Posed Nude
- Whitney Houston's Daughter Bobbi Kristina's Shocking Weight Loss
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 10 Best Celebrity Quotes About Being Pregnant
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Super Geeky Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hotties