Shaun White Arrested for Vandalism, Public Intoxication; Hospitalized for Head Injury
5:13 pm, September 17th, 2012
Shaun White was arrested in Nashville on Sunday after allegedly destroying his hotel room, pulling a fire alarm and kicking a man as he attempted to flee the scene.
The Olympic gold medalist’s alleged antics occurred at the Loews Vanderbilt Hotel, where White was staying.
At approximately 2:00 a.m., cops responded to a call regarding an intoxicated guest — allegedly White — whom an employee claims destroyed a hotel phone and pulled the fire alarm, forcing the evacuation of other guests.
According to Nashville police, White tried to leave the scene in a taxi but was momentarily held up by a man who said he intended to call authorities, at which point White allegedly kicked him and fled on foot.
During the ensuing chase, White is said to have fallen and struck his head against a fence, requiring his hospitalization.
You can see the remnants of a black eye in White’s mug shot (above).
He was released later in the day.
Arrest warrants charging White with public intoxication and vandalism were issued when the Olympian refused to sign misdemeanor citations.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top 10 Picks to Play Christian Grey
- Melissa Joan Hart Disses and Dishes on Famous Dudes She's Kissed
- Reese Witherspoon's Flirty Red Carpet Waves
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- Jessica Simpson's Lips are Bigger and Waist is Smaller
- Britney Spears' Weird Response To Questions About Boyfriend
- Is Kanye West Finally Embarrassed After Irrational Outburst?
- Owen Wilson Gets His Personal Trainer Pregnant
- John Mayer & Katy Perry's Romantic Photoshoot
- Kim Kardashian's Mommy Time With North West