Sharon Stone Opens Up About Past Tragedies and Current Loves
10:05 am, January 20th, 2012
In a new cover interview with AARP, Sharon Stone opens up about a series of personal travails, including her brain hemorrhage, her miscarriages and her ugly divorce.
Stone also discusses how she’s managed to fight through all of that pain.
The Oscar nominated actress nearly died when she suffered subarachnoid hemorrhage in 2001.
“I came out of the hospital with short- and long-term memory loss,” she says. “My lower left leg was numb. I couldn’t hear out of my right ear. The side of my face was falling down.”
Stone recalls, “I thought, ‘I’ll never be pretty again. Who’s going to want to be around me?’”
The star endured multiple miscarriages, including two with her ex-husband, Phil Bronstein.
Their marriage eventually ended in ugly fashion.
“He just didn’t see me, talk to me, look at me,” says Stone, who believes that Bronstein’s “initial intention with me was probably corrupt. I was suckered. I’m embarrassed to say that.”
But Stone is now in a much better place, raising her young adopted sons and devoting herself to philanthropic work.
“I’ve made humanitarian causes and my children much more my priority than the Hollywood scene,” she explains.
She adds, “If I’m not going to be a big movie star again, then guess what? That wasn’t my destiny.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Another Star Of 'The Hills' Gets Engaged!
- Are Eminem & His Ex-Wife Back Together?
- The Jessica Alba Long Wavy Bob Tutorial
- Top 10 Picks to Play Christian Grey
- Jay-Z Needs To Work On His Picture Face
- Celebrity Tattoos: What Were They Thinking?
- Kris Humphries Auctions Off Kim Kardashian's Ring
- You Won't Believe Nicky Minaj's Natural Hair
- Westboro Baptist Church's Sickening Paul Walker Funeral Plan