Sharon Osbourne: I Had A Double Mastectomy
7:57 pm, November 4th, 2012
Sharon Osbourne reveals she had a double mastectomy in the new issue of Hello! magazine.
The former “America’s Got Talent” judge tells the British mag that she made the decision to have surgery after discovering she has the BRCA gene.
Possessing the gene means a person has a substantially increased — but not guaranteed — chance of getting breast cancer.
In her Hello! interview, Osbourne, 60, opens up about deciding to “just take everything off,” even though she does not currently have breast cancer.
“As soon as I found out I had the breast cancer gene, I thought, ‘The odds are not in my favor,’” she tells the magazine.
Osbourne, who previously battled colon cancer, says that she “didn’t want to live the rest of my life with that shadow hanging over me.”
“It’s not a ‘pity me’ [situation],” says “The Talk” co-host, adding, “It’s a decision I made that’s got rid of this weight I was carrying around.”
The year has been full of mixed blessings for the Osbourne family, with the matriarch becoming a grandmother in April, and her son (and new father) Jack revealing he was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis just a few weeks later.
Gossip Cop wishes Osbourne a speedy recovery.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Diddy Throws A Star Studded Pool Party
- Miley Cyrus Is Apparently Barack Obama's Fault Now
- Scarlett Johansson's 10 Sexiest Looks
- North West, Is That You? Khloe Kardashian Posts A Picture
- Nick Cannon Impostor Pulls Off Jewelry Heist
- John Mayer & Katy Perry's Romantic Photoshoot
- Top 10 Picks to Play Christian Grey
- Jada Pinkett's M.O.: Rescue Willow From Hollywood!
- Who Does Naya Rivera Want To Collaborate With?
- An Unforgettable One Direction Game!