Sharknado Officially Getting Sequel, Syfy Announces Contest to Name New Movie
10:45 am, July 17th, 2013
Another Sharknado is coming!
The second installment moves the action from Los Angeles to New York, where — you guessed it — another tornado full of sharks invades the city.
It’s not yet known whether original stars Tara Reid and Ian Ziering will return, though both have expressed interest.
“Every once in a while, there is a perfect storm – on television. The fans are clamoring for a sequel. Or perhaps it will be a prequel,” said Thomas Vitale, executive vice president of programming and original movies for Syfy, in a statement.
He continued, “What we can guarantee is that Sharknado 2 will be lots of fun. We’ll be announcing more details very soon. But we didn’t want our fans to worry they wouldn’t get their fill of more shark fin, I mean, fun next year.”
But that’s not all.
Syfy is also inviting fans to name the new movie.
Viewers can tweet their suggestions to @SyfyMovies using #Sharknado.
Are you looking forward to more Sharknado?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank