Sharknado Officially Getting Sequel, Syfy Announces Contest to Name New Movie
10:45 am, July 17th, 2013
Another Sharknado is coming!
The second installment moves the action from Los Angeles to New York, where — you guessed it — another tornado full of sharks invades the city.
It’s not yet known whether original stars Tara Reid and Ian Ziering will return, though both have expressed interest.
“Every once in a while, there is a perfect storm – on television. The fans are clamoring for a sequel. Or perhaps it will be a prequel,” said Thomas Vitale, executive vice president of programming and original movies for Syfy, in a statement.
He continued, “What we can guarantee is that Sharknado 2 will be lots of fun. We’ll be announcing more details very soon. But we didn’t want our fans to worry they wouldn’t get their fill of more shark fin, I mean, fun next year.”
But that’s not all.
Syfy is also inviting fans to name the new movie.
Viewers can tweet their suggestions to @SyfyMovies using #Sharknado.
Are you looking forward to more Sharknado?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Which Aging Playboy Star Just Passed Away?
- Lil Wayne Throws Daughter An Extravagant Birthday Party
- Reese Witherspoon's Flirty Red Carpet Waves
- Nelson Mandela Passes Away At Age 95
- Beyonce And Jay Z's Cutest Family Pics!
- Tom Cruise Says He Never 'Abandoned' Suri
- Hair Inspiration: Celebs With The Most Enviable Ombre
- How You Can Keep One Direction Together
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- 24 Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Related