Shannon Richardson, Vampire Diaries and Walking Dead Actress, Arrested For Sending Ricin Letters to President Obama
6:33 pm, June 7th, 2013
Shannon Richardson, an actress who has appeared on “The Walking Dead” and “The Vampire Diaries,” was reportedly arrested on Friday in connection with the ricin-laced letters recently sent to President Obama and New York mayor Michael Bloomberg.
The Texas resident, alternately known as Shannon Rogers Guess, had initially contacted law enforcement authorities last month to claim that her husband, an army vet named Nathan Richardson, had mailed the toxic correspondence to the political leaders.
But a subsequent investigation led officials to determine that the actress — who has minor credits on “Drop Dead Diva,” “The Walking Dead,” and “The Vampire Diaries” — had actually been the one to mail the poisoned notes back on May 20.
“You will have to kill me and my family before you get my guns,” read the letter addressed to Bloomberg. “Anyone who wants to come to my house will get shot in the face. The right to bear arms is my constitutional God given right and I will exercise that right till the day I die.”
On Friday, Richardson was taken into custody in Arkansas.
Authorities have yet to announce the official charges against her.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- 10 Insanely Famous People Who are Secret Introverts
- 12 Shocking Celebrity Family Ties You Won't Believe
- 20 Hot Celebrities Who Look Busted Without Makeup
- Richard Gere Sets His Sights On A Much Younger Starlet