Shakira to President Obama: Read My Hips – two discussed childhood development
4:05 pm, February 22nd, 2010
After meeting today with National Security Council and Domestic Policy Council staffers about early childhood development, Shakira popped by the White House to have an unscheduled chat with President Obama.
Shakira, a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador, who has tackled the issue of child poverty, posted the following after her time with the President:
“It was such a privilege to sit down with the President in the Oval Office to discuss our shared commitment to education and early childhood development. We agreed that investing in our children is the smartest strategy governments can use to boost economic growth, fight poverty, and promote global security and peace… We will be working closely with the President and his staff to implement his vision – for Latinos, children in the United States, and around the world.”
You’ll recall Shakira met the President when she performed at his inauguration.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for updates…
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank