Shakira to President Obama: Read My Hips – two discussed childhood development
4:05 pm, February 22nd, 2010
After meeting today with National Security Council and Domestic Policy Council staffers about early childhood development, Shakira popped by the White House to have an unscheduled chat with President Obama.
Shakira, a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador, who has tackled the issue of child poverty, posted the following after her time with the President:
“It was such a privilege to sit down with the President in the Oval Office to discuss our shared commitment to education and early childhood development. We agreed that investing in our children is the smartest strategy governments can use to boost economic growth, fight poverty, and promote global security and peace… We will be working closely with the President and his staff to implement his vision – for Latinos, children in the United States, and around the world.”
You’ll recall Shakira met the President when she performed at his inauguration.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for updates…
You might like:
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- Rajon Rondo Goes Chinese
- Tom Cruise Says He Never 'Abandoned' Suri
- DMX Has Baby Number 12 On The Way!
- Bond Girls In Bikini's Always Sucker Us In
- Gwyneth Paltrow Wants Kids To Have Perfect Accents
- Miley Cyrus Is Apparently Barack Obama's Fault Now
- What Happened to Miley Cyrus' Eyebrows?
- What Are Diddy's Kids Doing To Help The Needy?