Shakira: I Was “Attacked by a Sea Lion”
2:57 pm, February 14th, 2012PHOTOS
Shakira was vacationing in Cape Town, South Africa on Sunday when she got herself into a bit of a scrap — with a sea lion!
The “She Wolf” singer wrote on her Facebook page that she was observing some underwater life during an aquatic excursion when a sea lion “jumped out of the water” and “attacked” her.
She says the animal “looked me in the eye, roared in fury and tried to bite me,” and notes,
“I was paralyzed by fear and couldn’t move,” says Shakira, adding, ”I just kept eye contact with it while my brother ‘Super Tony‘ jumped over me and literally saved my life, taking me away from the beast.”
The singer and her brother “both got our hands and legs scratched by the rocks while trying to protect ourselves,” but are otherwise OK after the tussle.
She believes the sea lion was set off because it confused with shine from her cellphone with that of a fish.
Check out PHOTOS of Shakira’s nemesis and her battle wound below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Usher's Girlfriend Is An Alicia Keys Lookalike!
- The Drama Continues With Pauly D's Baby Mama!
- Snag Julianne Hough's Totally Dreamy French Braided Halo
- 10 Rapper's Crazy Cribs
- The Biggest Celebrity Hypocrites
- Rihanna's Instagram Leads To Arrests In Thailand
- Celebrities With Super Attractive Siblings
- Macaulay Culkin Steps Out With New Girlfriend
- 10 Reasons Katy Perry Is The Best Pop Star Ever
- Top 10 Celebrity Role Models