Shakira: I Was “Attacked by a Sea Lion”
2:57 pm, February 14th, 2012PHOTOS
Shakira was vacationing in Cape Town, South Africa on Sunday when she got herself into a bit of a scrap — with a sea lion!
The “She Wolf” singer wrote on her Facebook page that she was observing some underwater life during an aquatic excursion when a sea lion “jumped out of the water” and “attacked” her.
She says the animal “looked me in the eye, roared in fury and tried to bite me,” and notes,
“I was paralyzed by fear and couldn’t move,” says Shakira, adding, ”I just kept eye contact with it while my brother ‘Super Tony‘ jumped over me and literally saved my life, taking me away from the beast.”
The singer and her brother “both got our hands and legs scratched by the rocks while trying to protect ourselves,” but are otherwise OK after the tussle.
She believes the sea lion was set off because it confused with shine from her cellphone with that of a fish.
Check out PHOTOS of Shakira’s nemesis and her battle wound below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- 10 Insanely Famous People Who are Secret Introverts
- 12 Shocking Celebrity Family Ties You Won't Believe
- 20 Hot Celebrities Who Look Busted Without Makeup
- Richard Gere Sets His Sights On A Much Younger Starlet