Shakira Welcomes Baby Boy Named Milan!
6:21 pm, January 22nd, 2013
Shakira is a new mom!
The singer and her soccer player boyfriend, Gerard Pique, welcomed a baby boy on Tuesday.
“We are happy to announce the birth of Milan Piqué Mebarak, son of Shakira Mebarak and Gerard Piqué, born January 22nd at 9:36pm, in Barcelona, Spain,” wrote the couple in a blog post.
The couple’s statement continued, “The name Milan (pronounced MEE-lahn), means dear, loving and gracious in Slavic; in Ancient Roman, eager and laborious; and in Sanskrit, unification.”
They joked, “Just like his father, baby Milan became a member of FC Barcelona at birth.”
Milan weighed in at 6 pounds, 6 ounces.
Both he and Shakira are in “excellent health.”
The singer announced her pregnancy in September.
She’s set to be a coach on “The Voice” next season along with fellow newcomer Usher.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress