Shailene Woodley Chops Off Hair for Movie, Donates Long Locks to Charity (PHOTOS)
9:31 am, August 18th, 2013PHOTOS
Shailene Woodley has said goodbye to her signature long locks — for both professional and personal reasons.
The actress chopped off her lengthy hair on Saturday as part of preparation for her upcoming movie The Fault in Our Stars, where she plays a teen battling cancer.
But Woodley decided to contribute to a good cause at the same time, and donate her tresses the charitable organization, Children With Hair Loss.
“a few more hours & my hair will be worn by someone new,” she tweeted Saturday while documenting the transformation (see photos below).
Woodley is also encouraging her fans to donate their own locks — eight inches or more — to CWHL, which provides free wigs to kids who have lost their hair due to medical issues.
Check out the pics below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Troublemaking Brandi Glanville Complains About Housewife Fans Hating Her
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- Which Celebrity Gives Back The Most?
- Cameron Diaz Gets Honest About Her Bad Skin