Shailene Woodley Chops Off Hair for Movie, Donates Long Locks to Charity (PHOTOS)
9:31 am, August 18th, 2013PHOTOS
Shailene Woodley has said goodbye to her signature long locks — for both professional and personal reasons.
The actress chopped off her lengthy hair on Saturday as part of preparation for her upcoming movie The Fault in Our Stars, where she plays a teen battling cancer.
But Woodley decided to contribute to a good cause at the same time, and donate her tresses the charitable organization, Children With Hair Loss.
“a few more hours & my hair will be worn by someone new,” she tweeted Saturday while documenting the transformation (see photos below).
Woodley is also encouraging her fans to donate their own locks — eight inches or more — to CWHL, which provides free wigs to kids who have lost their hair due to medical issues.
Check out the pics below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 10 Best Celebrity Quotes About Being Pregnant
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Super Geeky Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hotties
- Does Ian Somerhalder Have a New Girlfriend?
- Kaley Cuoco Shows Off Her Tennis Skills