Shailene Woodley Cut From The Amazing Spider-Man 2; Mary Jane Watson Dumped
2:07 pm, June 19th, 2013
Shailene Woodley has been cut from The Amazing Spider-Man 2.
The actress’ character Mary Jane Watson — a love interest for Peter Parker (Andrew Garfield) — was moved to the franchise’s third movie so that the sequel currently in production can focus on Parker’s relationship with Gwen Stacy (Emma Stone).
“I made a creative decision to streamline the story and focus on Peter and Gwen and their relationship,” said director Marc Webb in a statement. “Shailene is an incredibly talented actress and while we only shot a few scenes with Mary Jane, we all love working with her.”
The third movie is scheduled for a 2016 release — and it’s not clear whether Woodley will return for the Watson role.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Lady Gaga Debuts Flying Dress
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- Drake Pulls Out All The Stops For Rihanna
- Paul Walker Jokes Around In Paparazzi's Last Footage
- Perrie Edwards' Many Hair Colors
- Lil Wayne Throws Daughter An Extravagant Birthday Party
- Celebrity Tattoos: What Were They Thinking?
- You Won't Believe Nicky Minaj's Natural Hair
- 10 Artists Who Stole Ideas & Never Gave Credit
- Sandra Bullock Already Has Son Potty Trained