Shailene Woodley Cut From The Amazing Spider-Man 2; Mary Jane Watson Dumped
2:07 pm, June 19th, 2013
Shailene Woodley has been cut from The Amazing Spider-Man 2.
The actress’ character Mary Jane Watson — a love interest for Peter Parker (Andrew Garfield) — was moved to the franchise’s third movie so that the sequel currently in production can focus on Parker’s relationship with Gwen Stacy (Emma Stone).
“I made a creative decision to streamline the story and focus on Peter and Gwen and their relationship,” said director Marc Webb in a statement. “Shailene is an incredibly talented actress and while we only shot a few scenes with Mary Jane, we all love working with her.”
The third movie is scheduled for a 2016 release — and it’s not clear whether Woodley will return for the Watson role.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank