Sarah Jessica Parker Bringing “Sex and the City” Back to TV?
10:46 am, August 16th, 2011
Last month, the Daily Mail wrongly reported that Blake Lively, Selena Gomez, Emma Roberts and Elizabeth Olsen were starring in a “Sex and the City” prequel movie, based on Candace Bushnell’s novels, detailing the early lives of the New York City foursome.
Gossip Cop debunked the rumor, so now the British tab is taking a different angle on the same story.
The paper writes, “‘Sex And The City’ is to return to our TV screens after producers met in Hollywood last week to discuss the new show,” quoting a so-called “source” as saying, “Everyone is agreed a TV show is the direction they want to take the franchise in.”
According to the paper’s supposed “source,” “Sarah Jessica Parker will be producing. She was worried about doing another film after the bad reaction to the SATC2 movie, but a TV show is definitely something she wants to happen.”
No, it’s not.
While there has been talk about a possible prequel TV series, a rep for Parker tells Gossip Cop the actress is NOT involved with the project, adding, “The Daily Mail story is false.”
The tabloid is now 0-2 when it comes to the franchise.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Who Does Naya Rivera Want To Collaborate With?
- DMX Has Baby Number 12 On The Way!
- Brody Jenner Probably Not Invited To Kim's Wedding?
- 32 Celeb Moms We Have Serious Crushes On
- Which Aging Playboy Star Just Passed Away?
- Top 10 Picks to Play Christian Grey
- 9 Reasons Solange's Son Is Hollywood's Coolest Kid
- Which Celebrity Likes To Eat Crickets?
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- Paul Walker's Incredible Act Of Kindness