Serena Williams Wins U.S. Open for Fifth Time: See Celebrity Reactions Here!
8:04 pm, September 8th, 2013
Serena Williams won the 2013 U.S. Open on Sunday.
The No. 1 ranked tennis player beat No. 2 Victoria Azarenka in three sets at the Arthur Ashe Stadium in Flushing, New York.
The win marks Williams’ 17th career grand slam.
Congratulatory tweets have poured in from Williams’ celebrity fans, from Katie Couric to Missy Elliott.
Check out the reactions below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
Wow wow wow. What an awesome match! Congrats Serena but props to Victoria too! #UsOpen
— Katie Couric (@katiecouric) September 8, 2013
— rolandsmartin (@rolandsmartin) September 8, 2013
— Missy Elliott (@MissyElliott) September 8, 2013
I love love love @SerenaWilliams. 17th Grand Slam!
— RainnWilson (@rainnwilson) September 8, 2013
Congrats to @serenawilliams on winning the US Open!!! Another title in a remarkable career!
— Josh Charles (@MrJoshCharles) September 8, 2013
— Terrell Owens (@terrellowens) September 8, 2013
— LA LA (@lala) September 8, 2013
Special Serious Shout Out To Sistah Serena Williams As She's Wins US Open. And Dat's Da "17th Grand Slam" Truth,Ruth.YA-DIG? SHO-NUFF.
— Spike Lee (@SpikeLee) September 8, 2013
— garcelleb (@GarcelleB) September 8, 2013
— Keri Hilson (@KeriHilson) September 9, 2013
Long live the queen!!! Congrats @serenawilliams !!!!!
— Brooklyn Decker (@BrooklynDecker) September 9, 2013
Let's just change the name of "sports" to WILLIAMSES
— Lena Dunham (@lenadunham) September 9, 2013
What a day. Congrats @serenawilliams! Amazing athlete. Both finalists deserved to be there. Gracious speeches. Inspiring.
— rachael ray (@rachael_ray) September 9, 2013
What an exciting match!! Congrats to @serenawilliams, her 5th US Open title and 17th grand slam championship. Can finally walk my dog. :-)
— Robin Roberts (@RobinRoberts) September 8, 2013
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?