Serena Williams Goes for Olympic Gold Against Maria Sharapova (SPOILER)
11:00 am, August 4th, 2012
The 14-time Grand Slam singles champion won Wimbledon last month on the same Centre Court grass where she and Sharapova tangled in the Olympics final.
Williams and her sister Venus have won twice as an Olympic doubles team — but Serena had never captured the top individual honor.
So did the American capture the gold?
Williams beat Sharapova in surprisingly easy fashion, obliterating the Russian 6-0, 6-1 behind a flurry of aces.
She celebrated with a short Crip Walk dance (VIDEO BELOW).
The Williams sisters are set to play in the doubles semifinals later in the day.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Hayden Panettiere's Fake Boobs Look Like This Now
- All-Time Hottest Celebs with Facial Hair
- Is Kanye West Finally Embarrassed After Irrational Outburst?
- North West, Is That You? Khloe Kardashian Posts A Picture
- Diddy Throws A Star Studded Pool Party
- Top 10 Picks to Play Christian Grey
- What Are Diddy's Kids Doing To Help The Needy?
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Bring Her Ex To Premiere?
- Kim Kardashian's Mommy Time With North West
- Brody Jenner Probably Not Invited To Kim's Wedding?