Selena Gomez: I’m the Girl You “Take Home to Your Parents, Not for the Night”
10:52 am, November 4th, 2013
Selena Gomez may suggestively sing “Come and Get It,” but the performer tells Teen Vogue she’s no seductress.
“I’m always going to be the girl you want to take home to your parents, not for the night,” she tells the magazine in the upcoming December/January issue.
Gomez, however, admits to being tempted, particularly after heartbreak.
“You fall in love and it completely consumes you. So a part of you is broken when that’s gone,” she says. “And part of you wants to have that rebellious feeling where you’re just like, ‘forget it — I can do anything I want.’”
But, she confesses, “I’ve tried it, and I’ve never been that girl.”
The former Disney star goes on to share that she likes “to say I have a good sense of judgment, but I know that not everybody does.”
“The older I’ve gotten, the more I’ve learned that I have to open myself up to all opportunities,” explains the singer. “Maybe I’ll get burned and not meet the right people, but I won’t know until I do it.”
Gomez, who admits that her “attention span is all over the place” and insomnia makes things worse, says there’s one particular way to stop her from “overthinking.”
“Dancing allows me to go away and not have to think of what I’m doing next. That is the opportunity for me to really escape,” she tells the mag.
Gomez’s full interview hits newsstands November 19.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Jackie Cruz Defends Latinas Everywhere
- Shakira Opens Up About Her Possessive Man
- Juan Pablo Catches Major Heat
- Ricky Martin Fights Back Against Violence
- 15 Celebrities You Didn't Were Realted