Selena Gomez Adidas Event Draws Sweatshop Protest [UPDATE]
2:33 pm, February 8th, 2013PHOTOS
Selena Gomez had a slightly bumpy start to New York Fashion Week on Wednesday when her Adidas NEO event was targeted by protesters accusing the brand of sweatshop abuses.
The singer-actress is the brand’s style ambassador, but not everyone is pleased that Gomez, who also works with children’s rights organization UNICEF, is associated with the apparel company.
Outside the event, members of United Students Against Sweatshops passed out flyers condemning the brand’s alleged child labor policies and held a banner that read, “Selena: Don’t Be An Ambassador For Sweatshops.”
A rep for Gomez tells Gossip Cop, “Selena and her team have been reassured by Adidas that these old allegations were addressed and handled properly prior to Selena’s involvement with the company. Any further questions can be addressed by Adidas.”
Gomez tweeted about the presentation after the show, writing, ”Amazing show for @adidasNEOLabel tonight!! They looked amazing. #NEOrunway :))).”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Jada Pinkett's M.O.: Rescue Willow From Hollywood!
- Who Does Naya Rivera Want To Collaborate With?
- Brad Pitt: Sexy But Smelly?
- Britney Spears' Weird Response To Questions About Boyfriend
- Rihanna Visits Chris Brown In Anger Management?
- What Are Diddy's Kids Doing To Help The Needy?
- Paul Walker Did the Most Generous Thing Ever
- 20 Sexiest 'Where are they Now?" Girls
- 29 Celebrities With Porn Star Doppelgangers
- Justin Bieber is a Metal Head?