Selena Gomez Adidas Event Draws Sweatshop Protest [UPDATE]
2:33 pm, February 8th, 2013PHOTOS
Selena Gomez had a slightly bumpy start to New York Fashion Week on Wednesday when her Adidas NEO event was targeted by protesters accusing the brand of sweatshop abuses.
The singer-actress is the brand’s style ambassador, but not everyone is pleased that Gomez, who also works with children’s rights organization UNICEF, is associated with the apparel company.
Outside the event, members of United Students Against Sweatshops passed out flyers condemning the brand’s alleged child labor policies and held a banner that read, “Selena: Don’t Be An Ambassador For Sweatshops.”
A rep for Gomez tells Gossip Cop, “Selena and her team have been reassured by Adidas that these old allegations were addressed and handled properly prior to Selena’s involvement with the company. Any further questions can be addressed by Adidas.”
Gomez tweeted about the presentation after the show, writing, ”Amazing show for @adidasNEOLabel tonight!! They looked amazing. #NEOrunway :))).”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?