Selena Gomez Responds To Lorde Diss: “Tearing Down” Fellow Artist is “Not Feminism” (LISTEN)
1:34 pm, October 11th, 2013AUDIO
Asked about Gomez in a recent interview with Rolling Stone, the “Royals” singer said, “I love pop music on a sonic level. But I’m a feminist and the theme of her song ['Come & Get It'] is, ‘When you’re ready come and get it from me.’ I’m sick of women being portrayed this way.”
Gomez hit back at Lorde on Hot 99.5′s “The Kane Show,” sharing, “I appreciate everybody’s opinion, especially because I’ve covered [Lorde's] music lots of times. I think she is super talented and I think it’s awesome.”
The Spring Breakers actress added, “But… in my opinion it’s not feminism if you’re tearing down another artist.”
Gomez continued, “You know, she’s young, she’s got so much talent… so I don’t take it to heart.”
Listen to her interview below, and tell us what you think!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Exes Kate Moss & Johnny Depp Are Reuniting
- Miley Cyrus Is Apparently Barack Obama's Fault Now
- Can Shaq Fix the Sacramento Kings?
- Lady Gaga Debuts Flying Dress
- Is Adam Levine The Sexiest Man Alive?
- Which Aging Playboy Star Just Passed Away?
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Leighton Meester Is Engaged To Adam Brody
- 15 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyles To Try
- Diddy Throws A Star Studded Pool Party