Selena Gomez Responds To Lorde Diss: “Tearing Down” Fellow Artist is “Not Feminism” (LISTEN)
1:34 pm, October 11th, 2013AUDIO
Asked about Gomez in a recent interview with Rolling Stone, the “Royals” singer said, “I love pop music on a sonic level. But I’m a feminist and the theme of her song ['Come & Get It'] is, ‘When you’re ready come and get it from me.’ I’m sick of women being portrayed this way.”
Gomez hit back at Lorde on Hot 99.5′s “The Kane Show,” sharing, “I appreciate everybody’s opinion, especially because I’ve covered [Lorde's] music lots of times. I think she is super talented and I think it’s awesome.”
The Spring Breakers actress added, “But… in my opinion it’s not feminism if you’re tearing down another artist.”
Gomez continued, “You know, she’s young, she’s got so much talent… so I don’t take it to heart.”
Listen to her interview below, and tell us what you think!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Teen Mom 2's Kailyn's Bitter Custody Battle with Jo
- Lisa Vanderpump and Brandi Glanville's Over-the-Top Passive Aggressive Posts
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Both Khloe and Kourtney Kardashian's Homes Robbed!
- Khloe Kardashian to Make Bieber's Party Pad Her Own