Selena Gomez Responds To Lorde Diss: “Tearing Down” Fellow Artist is “Not Feminism” (LISTEN)
1:34 pm, October 11th, 2013AUDIO
Asked about Gomez in a recent interview with Rolling Stone, the “Royals” singer said, “I love pop music on a sonic level. But I’m a feminist and the theme of her song ['Come & Get It'] is, ‘When you’re ready come and get it from me.’ I’m sick of women being portrayed this way.”
Gomez hit back at Lorde on Hot 99.5′s “The Kane Show,” sharing, “I appreciate everybody’s opinion, especially because I’ve covered [Lorde's] music lots of times. I think she is super talented and I think it’s awesome.”
The Spring Breakers actress added, “But… in my opinion it’s not feminism if you’re tearing down another artist.”
Gomez continued, “You know, she’s young, she’s got so much talent… so I don’t take it to heart.”
Listen to her interview below, and tell us what you think!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents