CLAIM: Selena Gomez Will Run Back to Justin Bieber If Spring Breakers Flops
6:36 pm, March 11th, 2013
Every time we think HollywoodLife can’t get any worse, the webloid surprises us in new and ridiculous ways.
According to the blog’s “exclusive” report, Gomez’s “self-esteem might be extremely low” if her upcoming movie does poorly, which could lead her to “turn back to the Biebs in her time of trouble.”
A so-called “source” dredged up by HollywoodLife explains, “Selena loved being in the celebrity scene when she was with Justin, it was just a completely different level.”
If Spring Breakers underperforms, adds the webloid’s source, Gomez will be “back to the drawing board.”
“Feeling down in the dumps like this could open the door for a reconciliation with Justin,” says HollywoodLife.
This is seriously what now passes for a post on HollywoodLife.
Let’s take a moment to reflect on the sloppy blog’s recent “reporting” about Bieber and Gomez.
These recent flops, of course, are just the latest examples of the site’s years-long butchering of the Gomez-Bieber story, during which HollywoodLife has proven itself to be incapable of doing much beyond gross sensationalism and wrongheaded speculation.
It’s sad that a site claiming to be about “celebrity news” is so embarrassingly clueless about some of the world’s biggest celebrities.
In any case, this newest “story” is just more evidence that HollywoodLife will print just about anything to get attention.
Selena Gomez was famous way, way before she and Justin Bieber began dating.
That’s reality, which is why it must seem foreign to HollywoodLife.
Even more importantly, how insulting is it to women that HollywoodLife assumes that IF Gomez’s new movie fails to become a hit, she’ll immediately run back into the arms of her ex-boyfriend in order to cope?
It’s this kind of nonsense that’s made the site an unreliable mess of spin and empty theorizing.
A source close to Gomez tells Gossip Cop the HollywoodLife report is “way off base.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Super Cute: Jordin Sparks Wows in a Bikini
- Vivica Fox Comes After Brandi: Inside The Fight
- Khloe Kardashian and French Montana: Did They Confirm Their Love?
- Major Legal Drama: Why is Drake Being Sued?
- Karrueche Tran Supports Her Man Chris Brown in Court