Selena Gomez Facebook Hacker Sentenced to 12 Months Behind Bars
1:50 pm, May 21st, 2012
A British man who hacked Selena Gomez’s Facebook page last year has been sentenced to 12 months in jail.
In February, Gareth Crosskey was arrested and charged for the January 2011 hacking incident, in which he illegally gained access to Gomez’s account after posing as her stepfather Brian Teefey and began manipulating her Facebook page.
Crosskey reportedly wrote “Justin Bieber sucks!” as “Gomez” and allegedly posted a video to YouTube showing him editing the pop star’s profile.
Prosecutors say he also posted private correspondence between Gomez and Demi Lovato and threatened to release messages between Gomez and Bieber.
Crosskey later pleaded guilty to offenses under the UK’s Computer Misuse Act and has now been jailed.
British authorities said punishment “should act as a deterrent to any individuals thinking of participating in this type of criminal activity.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Sandra Bullock Already Has Son Potty Trained
- Beyonce Spoke To Blue Ivy While Giving Birth?
- Leighton Meester Is Engaged To Adam Brody
- Perrie Edwards' Many Hair Colors
- Miley Cyrus' Best & Worst Moments
- Is Miley's Outfit Too Much?
- Westboro Baptist Church's Sickening Paul Walker Funeral Plan
- How You Can Keep One Direction Together
- Athletes Who Made their Way to the Big Screen
- Out Of Their League: Ugly Guys Who Date Bombshells