Sean Young Wants “Apology” From The Academy Following Her Oscars Arrest
3:58 pm, February 27th, 2012
Sean Young is now asking for a “public apology,” hours after being arrested at an Oscars party.
On Sunday, the Blade Runner actress was placed under citizen’s arrest at the Governors Ball — the Academy Awards’ official after-party — and then booked for investigation of misdemeanor battery after she slapped a security guard.
Today, Young is lashing out at the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences, as well as trying to clear her name.
Young, who was on “Celebrity Rehab,” posted on Facebook “that I was sober, extremely well behaved.”
She says she received “bruises” on her arms after allegedly being manhandled by a guard who “went postal on me” outside the party.
Young further claims the ”Academy’s very stupid lawyer recommended a ‘private person’s arrest’ and I have grounds for a lawsuit,” but instead she says she simply wants “a public apology.”
The Ace Ventura: Pet Detective star makes no reference, however, to trying to crash the Oscars’ official bash.
The Academy said in a statement, “There was an incident with Ms. Young outside the Academy’s Governors Ball,” noting, “It was not the Academy who pressed charges.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- A Cute Daddy Daughter Moment Courtesy Of Jay Z
- Jennifer Lawrence's Sexy Stilettos are Affordable Too
- A$AP Rocky Drop "Fashion Killa" Video Starring Rihanna
- Lorde's Royally Cute Music Video Look
- Lea Michele Says Co-Stars And Family Helped Her During Difficult Time
- 'Fast & Furious' Team Release Video Tribute To Paul Walker
- The Ultimate Guide To Taylor Swifts Celebrity Feuds
- Join Carly Rae Jepsen's Nerdy Girlz Book Club!
- What Projects Did Victoria Justice Do Before Victorious?
- Halle Berry Exposed: A Tribute Gallery