Sean Penn Got Into Fight With Actress Over Support of Hugo Chavez
10:13 am, December 20th, 2011LISTEN
Sean Penn and his former co-star Maria Conchita Alonso got into a heated fight at LAX airport on Sunday after the actress, who was born in Cuba and raised in Venezuela, confronted Penn about his open support for Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez.
In a radio interview with WMAL in Washington on Monday, Alonso recounted the showdown, explaining that all the animosity she felt towards Penn for supporting the leftist dictator exploded when she saw him in LAX’s lost baggage area.
Alonso, who condemned Penn’s support for Chavez in an open letter last year, said when she approached the actor in the airport, he told her, “I don’t wanna talk to you. You speak badly about me.”
The actress responded, “I just say the truth… That you are a friend of Chavez and that he’s a good man. And that’s a lie… How can you do that?”
Alonso said she then accused Penn of supporting Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, which he denied before calling her, “a pig,” to which she retorted, “And you are a Communist, Sean Penn.”
From there, the argument escalated, and Alonso admitted she called Penn a “Communist a**hole” in front of a crowd of approximately 60 people who had gathered around them in the airport.
The actress said she regrets calling Penn, who played her lover in the 1988 movie Colors, an “a**hole,” but holds, “I’m not apologizing for calling him a Communist, because that’s what he is.”
Check out the audio of Alonso’s interview below.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting