Sean Penn: “The Whole F***ing World” Abandoned Haiti
11:50 am, May 18th, 2012
Sean Penn is as devoted to Haiti as ever — but he’s calling out all those he says abandoned the country in its ongoing time of need.
Speaking at a press conference at the Cannes Film Festival on Friday, Penn reportedly targeted the media outlets in attendance, saying, “It’s not only celebrities who went for a day.”
“It’s the whole f***ng world,” he continued. “It’s all of you.”
The actor said the progress made thus far in improving the region has shown “the very tangible success story that Haiti can be.”
At the same time, however, he criticized those who see the issue as being played out.
“The reason we have Haiti fatigue is because there was never a commitment in the first place,” Penn said.
The movie star is likely to get some Hollywood support at his fundraiser called “Haiti: Cannes Carnival.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- Michael Phelps' New Girlfriend Spills Juicy Details About Their Relationship
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?