Sean Penn: “The Whole F***ing World” Abandoned Haiti
11:50 am, May 18th, 2012
Sean Penn is as devoted to Haiti as ever — but he’s calling out all those he says abandoned the country in its ongoing time of need.
Speaking at a press conference at the Cannes Film Festival on Friday, Penn reportedly targeted the media outlets in attendance, saying, “It’s not only celebrities who went for a day.”
“It’s the whole f***ng world,” he continued. “It’s all of you.”
The actor said the progress made thus far in improving the region has shown “the very tangible success story that Haiti can be.”
At the same time, however, he criticized those who see the issue as being played out.
“The reason we have Haiti fatigue is because there was never a commitment in the first place,” Penn said.
The movie star is likely to get some Hollywood support at his fundraiser called “Haiti: Cannes Carnival.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 10 Rapper's Crazy Cribs
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Bring Her Ex To Premiere?
- Can Shaq Fix the Sacramento Kings?
- 10 Artists Who Stole Ideas & Never Gave Credit
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- Idris Elba Talks Fathering A Child That Wasn't His
- Is Kanye West Finally Embarrassed After Irrational Outburst?
- Jessica Simpson's Lips are Bigger and Waist is Smaller
- Leighton Meester Is Engaged To Adam Brody
- Rihanna's Instagram Leads To Arrests In Thailand