Sean Penn: “The Whole F***ing World” Abandoned Haiti
11:50 am, May 18th, 2012
Sean Penn is as devoted to Haiti as ever — but he’s calling out all those he says abandoned the country in its ongoing time of need.
Speaking at a press conference at the Cannes Film Festival on Friday, Penn reportedly targeted the media outlets in attendance, saying, “It’s not only celebrities who went for a day.”
“It’s the whole f***ng world,” he continued. “It’s all of you.”
The actor said the progress made thus far in improving the region has shown “the very tangible success story that Haiti can be.”
At the same time, however, he criticized those who see the issue as being played out.
“The reason we have Haiti fatigue is because there was never a commitment in the first place,” Penn said.
The movie star is likely to get some Hollywood support at his fundraiser called “Haiti: Cannes Carnival.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank