Scott Pelley Named “CBS Evening News” Anchor, Replacing Katie Couric
10:29 am, May 3rd, 2011
Scott Pelley has been named the new anchor of “CBS Evening News.”
The formal announcement came moments ago from the network, although Pelley’s promotion had been expected.
He takes over the anchor duties on June 6.
“Scott has it all. He has the experience, the credibility and he is among the very best reporters ever to work at CBS News,” said chairman Jeff Fager in a statement.
“Scott is the ideal journalist to lead this broadcast. We’re very proud to have him guiding this news organization’s reporting each and every evening.”
Pelley currently works as a correspondent for “60 Minutes.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Sandra Bullock Already Has Son Potty Trained
- Melissa Joan Hart Disses and Dishes on Famous Dudes She's Kissed
- Demi Lovato, Selena Gomez, Katy Perry Read Mean Tweets: Watch!
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- 15 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyles To Try
- Memory Lane: Kim Kardashian Through The Years
- Drake Pulls Out All The Stops For Rihanna
- North West, Is That You? Khloe Kardashian Posts A Picture
- Paul Walker's Incredible Act Of Kindness