Scarlett Johansson Invited to Marine Corps Ball + Her Bubbly Response
4:56 pm, July 28th, 2011VIDEO
Scarlett Johansson is the latest celeb to be invited via YouTube to the Marine Corps Ball on November 11.
Now Johansson’s invite comes courtesy of Sgt. Dustin Williams.
In a video, accompanied by a soundtrack of “Eye of the Tiger” (as Williams dresses) and “Stayin’ Alive” (as he struts out of his barracks), the Marine sergeant says he thought about who he wanted to take, and Johansson was his choice (cue Percy Sledge’s “When a Man Loves a Woman” track).
Williams even had a photo of Johansson holding a glass of champagne inserted into his video.
But sadly, Johansson declined.
Still, the actress said in a statement: “I feel incredibly honored to have been invited to the Marine Corps Ball by Sgt. Dustin L. Williams. Not only does Sgt. Williams deserve recognition for his bravery, selflessness and dedication to the United States and its people, but he also displays a cheeky talent for filmmaking.”
She added, “Unfortunately due to prior commitments I will not be able to attend the Ball with you this year but I am sending you a case of Moet and Chandon with gratitude. In my absence, I raise a glass to you and all the men and women of the U.S. Marine Corps, past and present, in thanks for your continued commitment to preserving the safety of our nation. – Scarlett”
Check out the video invitation below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?