Scarlett Johansson Hates “ScarJo” Nickname, Ignores Tabloid Rumors
12:57 pm, December 17th, 2011
Do not call Scarlett Johansson “ScarJo.”
“Oh, it’s awful,” the actress says of her syllable-saving nickname.
She tells USA Today, “It’s a laziness. People can’t actually say the whole name? It’s just bizarre.”
To illustrate her point, the We Bought a Zoo star mentions a couple of celebrities whose names don’t get shortened, wondering, for instance, why Daniel Day-Lewis is not “DaDay.”
“So Cate Blanchett is not, like, ‘CaBla’? Why is that?” asks Johansson. “Why do I have to get stuck?”
The actress acknowledges that one good thing about the “ScarJo” moniker is that it serves as a kind of familiarity test.
“If I hear somebody say that, I know I don’t know them at all,” she explains.
On the subject of people not knowing her, Johansson says she’s recently stopped reading rumors about herself.
She says, “One of the best things I learned this year was to not read any tabloid, gossipy, you know, garbage. It really keeps you on the straight and narrow.”
In terms of the endless romantic rumors following her split from Ryan Reynolds, Johansson ignores them.
“It’s just nice to have kind of a blinder up in that regard. It helps keep you sane,” she says. “I can’t follow all that stuff. It’s too exhausting.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- You Don't Like Gwyneth Paltrow? She Doesn't Care!
- Scarlett Johansson's 10 Sexiest Looks
- Can Shaq Fix the Sacramento Kings?
- Sandra Bullock Already Has Son Potty Trained
- Tyrese's Heartbreaking Tribute To Paul Walker
- Celebrity Tattoos: What Were They Thinking?
- Jack McBrayer Talks Life After "30 Rock"
- Lorde's Royally Cute Music Video Look
- 15 Hilarious Jay Z Pool Memes
- Celeb Hotties And Their Shirtless Selfies!