Scarlett Johansson Tells ELLE UK: Marriage “Not Important to Me”
11:05 am, December 31st, 2012
Don’t count on Scarlett Johansson walking down the aisle or pushing a stroller anytime soon.
“I got married when I was young and it was incredibly romantic and I liked being married, actually,” explains Johansson. “But it is different. It’s hard to put into words. To me, being in a functioning relationship doesn’t mean you have to be married.”
She continues, “I never think about marriage. Is that weird? The only time I ever think about it is when people ask me, ‘Would I get married again?’”
“It’s really not important to me. It has no relevance to me right now,” says The Avengers star, explaining, “I’m not having kids anytime soon, I’m in a nice relationship, I’m working a lot, and, like I said, it’s not important to me.”
Johansson also opens up about her image as a sex symbol.
“I think any woman who is curvy and wears a gown to an event is, like, super sexualized,” says the actress of her early years being in the public eye.
She continues, “I mean, at the time I was 18, 19. I was young. I’ve always been curvy. It runs in the family. Throw on an evening frock and it’s like all of a sudden you have boobs and everyone is like: ‘bombshell!’ Instantly it was: ‘The new Marilyn [Monroe].’”
Johansson is now closing in on 30.
“I feel like I’ve been transitioning from young woman into womanhood for a very long time,” she reflects. “Now as I approach 30, with the last few years behind me, I feel like growing pains are behind me. It’s just nice to feel happy.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- DMX Has Baby Number 12 On The Way!
- Hayden Panettiere's Fake Boobs Look Like This Now
- Who Does Naya Rivera Want To Collaborate With?
- Lady Gaga Debuts Flying Dress
- Brody Jenner Probably Not Invited To Kim's Wedding?
- Britney Spears' Weird Response To Questions About Boyfriend
- Miley Cyrus Is Apparently Barack Obama's Fault Now
- Diddy Throws A Star Studded Pool Party
- Another Star Of 'The Hills' Gets Engaged!
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate